Monday, February 2, 2009

Heartless Punk

Greetings! Last night I figured out how to record some of my live mixing, so I posted a couple on Jam Glue. Keep in mind, the quality is pretty bad because what I did was literally plug my headphones out into my mic in. So, it has that PC microphone hum behind it. You should get the idea, though. I think there are three mash-ups there right now, which I just recorded while mixing around during a set. One is Notorious BIG's Juicy and Massive Attack's Teardrop (also the theme from House). Next is a mix of MIA's Paper Planes and TI's What you Know. Finally, Kanye's Heartless and Daft Punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger. Check em out here:

http://www.jamglue.com/people/TylerCAndrews

Just look on the right and click the play button next to the track listing and you should get it.

Anyways, things have been going pretty well down here. I'm getting ready for my American half marathon debut this weekend. I'm doing a tempo run tomorrow as my hard run and then a mini-taper.

Well, the week has started off all right. February certainly seems a whole lot nicer when there's sun instead of gloom, despair, and snow. Yesterday, I managed to get some work fixing this woman's laptop, but other than that, I've been unsuccessful in the work front.

All in all, things down here are going pretty well. I can tell that this kind of atmosphere is what I need to really train successfully. Other than the environment and facilities, which are wonderful in themselves, I have enough time to get 10 to 11 hours of sleep a night and I don't have a whole lot down here to distract me. There are no parties to go to and stay out late at, nothing to push back workouts. I'm able to really focus on my training and all the other parts of training that aren't running: diet, sleep, stress, core/weights/cross training, etc.

I think it's a double-edged sword though. I've only been here a little over a week and I'm starting to feel a little bit like a hermit. It's not that my training doesn't satisfy me or tire me out, because it does both entirely. I think it's just hard to be a social being living somewhere where there's really no one with whom you can be social. So yes, it's great because I don't have any social opportunity to distract me from my training, but at the same time, I feel like a minimal amount of human contact might be nice too.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going down to the gym to do some core and maybe some leg-lifting if I feel up to it. Tempo tomorrow!

No comments: