Monday, September 1, 2008

Halfway there

One plane ride down, one to go.

I hate airplanes so much. If the world weren't so interesting, I'd have a hard time justifying travel at all. This whole day has been pretty blurry (partially due to the fact that I downed a few ativan before the flight...).

I didn't sleep last night much at all, so I called off the time trial this morning. I did end up running, of course, but not very much. I ran out to the end of the neighborhood and back, totaling around 2 miles. The pace was slow, but I just felt awkward. It was probably the lack of sleep.

We managed to get all my stuff packed up and in the car by 8:00 or so. So, naturally, I got to the airport with a ridiculous amount of time to kill. Luckily, it's labor day, so the airport is pretty quiet (at least Logan was). I sat around for an hour or so with my parents and then bid adieu and headed through security.

I only had a few minutes to kill then and then I got on the plane. I hate planes. I may have mentioned this before. There's just something in everyone's DNA that notices how unnatural the act of being 40,000 feet up in the air is. It takes a while to learn to repress that.

In actuality, my flight was fine. I sat next to a nice girl who happened to also be going to Quito through Miami. We talked a bit and exchanged emails, which is nice because I now know of someone in the country who definitely speaks English and is interesting.

Most of the flight I was half-asleep watching Maid of Honor, possibly the worst movie I've ever seen (why is that a trend with on-flight movies...?). Luckily, I slept through a lot of it.

And so now I'm in Miami International Airport, chillin like a villain. I have a few hours to kill before my flight to Quito, so I figured I would update this and grab some food. Unfortunately, my new friend from the first flight was connecting on an earlier connection, so I have nobody to talk to :(. Oh well!

Right, well I'm going to go get some food. I haven't eaten anything with real sustance all day, so I'm going to go get a piece of pizza or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Craig Hannah and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ativan.

I have taken for 6 years. I am 37 years old. GREAT FOR INSOMNIA......Great for Manic stages of Bi-Polar..It's really is the only drug I can take without any side effects..I cannot even take asprin without feeling it..I have OCD and have severe sensitivity to meds, this one is great.

Side Effects :
None.....Miracle drug...onset of 20/30 minutes, peak of 1 to 3 hrs...it will erase your memory if u take it in large doses...made that mistake once..Been on and off of it since 2001. I don't get addictive to it. I only take .05 2 x a day for controlling High Blood Pressure, Anxiety and IBS..I sometimes can get away with breaking the 0.5mg down into 4 equal doses.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Craig Hannah