Friday, November 21, 2008

The Beginning of the End

Today was my last day working at the hospital, so I decided to take in my camera and take a few shots. It was a bit nostalgic, but I was definitely ready to leave. Though I did meet a pretty nice American guy named Josh. It turns out he´s been working here for a while too but somehow we never really crossed paths.
This shot below is me and my ¨boss¨, Tania, if you could call her that. She is basically the nicest person I´ve ever met and somehow manages to be cheerful, but not obnoxiously so, every day. This hospital is really quite blessed to have her.
These are some shots of the Ludoteca, the play area where I spent most of my time.
The phooseball table, where I spent a good number of hours being not competetive in the slightest.
And finally, this is what my room looks like as I try to pack all of my stuff up. See, I packed it all up on Tuesday, and have basically just been living out of my suitcase since then. Still, it´s a bit hectic.

Anyways, I just got back from picking up my race number and packet, which was fun. Jefferson Perez was there, but unfortunately my camera was not. Still, I got to shake hands and talk a bit with an Olympic gold medalist. Pretty sweet!

No comments: