Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Okayalright

I know how worried you all were, but my toe is feeling fine.

Today was pretty solid. A reasonably normal day, but solid nonetheless. I iced my foot a bunch last night so it was feeling pretty decent this morning. Still, I decided to take it safe and take the bus to work. Unfortunately, having never taken the bus before, I took the wrong bus and ended up farther away than when I started by the time I realized it. Oops! But I ended up still getting there on time.

Work was all right and then I took the bus home and had some lunch before heading out for a run. One thing I´ve noticed is that my moderate runs are getting both easier and quicker. I´m hoping this is a result of both my lungs becoming more efficient at this altitude and my body and muscular system become more efficient at covering ground. Either way, I covered about 8 miles at 6:40 pace and felt pretty comfortable the whole time.

Anyways, I only have two days of my project at the hospital left, which is a bit weird. The last few weeks have gone by really quickly; it´s hard to believe that in a few days my parents come and then it´s adios a Quito.

No comments: