Sunday, November 9, 2008

Speedy Speed

This morning I did my first sharpening workout. That is, I did my first interval workout of shorter, faster intervals.

Most of my interval workouts up until now have been longer intervals (600-1000 meters) at 5k pace or a bit better. The workout this morning was of 200s and 400s at mile race pace or better. Well, it went pretty well. Perhaps a bit too well. Jon told me to be careful not to go too fast, since it was my first workout, and unfortunately, it looks like I did just that. My 200s were a bit quick, with my second to last at 26.1, but my 400s were right on, which was good.

I was luck enough to have my flatmate, Carla, accompany me on my warmup and cooldown and she was nice enough to film a bit of my workout. I put this little thing together to partly spoof the flotrack workout videos and partly because I was bored :P Anyways, let me know if it works:



Unfortunately, the weather was not nice enough to permit us to hike this weekend, but I think that the workout was accomplishment enough. I´m feeling pretty solid about my time trial this coming weekend at sea level. Hopefully it´ll go all right.

Anyways, it´s lunch time!

No comments: