Friday, August 1, 2008

The Best

11:41pm

I spent most of the day covered in paint and plaster. After a brief amount of time spent in my own house, I drove to Annie’s and continued to work on painting and fixing up her Dad’s home-office. To be honest, this is basically the best arrangement that I could have imagined for the summer. I get to do relatively easy work, get paid quite well, get to spend my whole day with my girlfriend, and have no real set hours. It is quite wonderful. It’s also nice to find out that something that you imagined was just a normal household skill is actually somewhat rare and useful. Go me.

I had probably the best run I’ve had in six months tonight. Well, the second part of it was. I spent the first two miles in Carlisle with Annie, which began quite nicely. The night was beautiful and the pace was very relaxed, but she started feeling sick after about a mile. It didn’t seem like she’d be able to continue so I sprinted back to the car (about seven tenths of a mile) and drove to pick her up. She seemed to be doing ok after, and even then ran a little more when she got home apparently. That girl. She’ll push herself forever.

I was supposed to do 4 miles in total today, so I still had two to put in after I dropped her off. I decided to go home and test out my old Asics gel racers. To my great delight, they proved to feel wonderful, despite being a bit too small. My run was truly spectacular, despite its brevity. I started out jogging relatively easy for the first half mile (around 3:20), and then ran a pretty quick half mile (2:19), followed by another jog half mile and another quick half mile (2:29, uphill). All in all, it felt pretty solid. I felt quite strong despite feeling pretty stiff this morning and being on my feet all day.

Well, it’s nearing midnight, so I’m about ready to hit the sack. Also, I am thinking about running in the High Street Mile race in Newburyport on Sunday. Could be fun or could be a disaster. I guess there’s only one way to find out!

No comments: