Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Catch Up

I’m almost caught up, so let me start with yesterday.

I woke up relatively early, but it was kind of nice actually. Annie came over while I was still half asleep and we just got to snuggle and talk for a while. Quite the nice way to start the day. Unfortunately, things were mostly downhill from there. We headed to her house after eating some breakfast and just hung out for a while. For some reason, we’ve been getting really tense with one another over the last few days. I think that the fact that she leaves so soon makes us both nervous. With so much uncertainty about where our relationship will go and what roles we will play in one another’s lives, it’s hard to focus on enjoying this time.

Anyways, she went out to lunch with Aaron Freedman and I ended up staying at her house and finishing up the painting in her dad’s office. When she got back we just at some lunch together and talked a bit more. Again, though, it was pretty tense and not really happy talking… Oh well.

After a few hours, she had to go pick up her dad and I stayed home to start the cleanup of the paint room. It also turned out that she was meeting Fannie Watkinson at the train station so they could go run together. So, I just sort of puttered around in the paint room for a while. Annie and Fannie came home around the same time that her mom and Emily got home from Maine. Everyone was pretty pooped and hungry, so the three of us, me and (F)annie, went to get take out from Maynard. Fannie’s a good kid; it was nice to see her.

After dinner I headed home and still had to run. My lower butt/upper hamstring/groin pain on my right side had died down a bit, but was definitely still there, so I decided to take it really conservatively. I didn’t leave the house until 10:00 or so. Night running is really fun sometimes. I love running in my neighborhood at night, for example. There are barely any cars to worry about and the streets are nice enough that you don’t have to worry about your footing. Anyways, I had told myself I would try and put in about 3 miles at whatever pace felt comfortable. I warmed up for the first half mile or so and was feeling pretty smooth and comfortable, so I picked it up a bit. I ended up feeling really great after a mile or so, and so I decided to do a longer loop that included a nice big hill in the middle. Overall, I ended up averaging around 6:35 pace, which was much quicker than I thought I would run, given how poorly I was feeling earlier.


I came home and watched the men's 1500 meter Olympic final and hit the sack.

No comments: