Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Martha's Vineyard Part III: Return to the Real

I woke up naturally on Monday morning around 8:30am and was jolted out of my hypnopompic state when I pushed open the half-open bathroom door to find Duncan naked and taking a shit: a wonderful start to my morning. I was planning on running but decided against it when I awoke with some pretty alarming right hamstring pain.

I packed up all my stuff pretty quickly and bid adieu to David, Ginny, and Jesse. Duncan and I drove and ferried over to Oak Bluffs for some breakfast before I had to catch my ferry. We grabbed some apple fritters from a little bakery which are apparently the hot item for people who know their shit. We headed over to the ferry port and just sat around and talked for a while. We thought the ferry was coming in at 11:15, but when we looked at my ticket it said 11:45. Oops! Oh well. We had a good talk and then I boarded my vessel and headed for Quonset Point, RI.

The ferry ride was nice again. A little bit choppier than on the way there. Still, I got a lot of reading done on the boat and was even able to nap a bit. My mom picked me up and we drove home via Concord center to run some errands.

I spent most of the afternoon relaxing, reading, watching Olympics that had been taped from the weekend, and cleaning. Anna was supposed to be back around the same time as me, but it turned out she was going to take a lot longer coming coming home.

After dinner at home, I went over to Addy’s for a while. She had just gotten back from being a counselor at her strange hippie camp and had many interesting stories. We walked around for a while and just talked. I’m glad that we can actually just be amiable with one another now. Annie called around 9:30 and so I took her out for a bit. We drove around and were both seeming kind of miserable. It seemed that this week was set to be a disaster. Oh dear.

Anyways, things ended on a better note and so it was okay. I ended up not running at all because I didn’t want to aggravate whatever it was that was bugging me. I spent a lot of the day being pissed off, which I try to avoid, but sometimes it’s unavoidable. That’s all for now.

No comments: