Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Keepin On

I awoke to an empty house this morning, a feeling I’m not quite used to. Still in bed, I called Annie and actually woke her up (wow, record books take note). My day wasn’t too exciting. Annie and I headed to Burlington to run some last minute college errands for her and then hit up Chili’s for lunch.

In the afternoon, we hung around her house and then headed to Great Brook with her mom to run. Annie and I ran together for the first half mile or so and then she pointed me on my way (I’m not too familiar with the Great Brook trails). I ended up only getting lost for a few seconds; I was quite proud of myself. The run overall felt a little sluggish. This could be due to the less than 24 hour time difference between my last night’s run, or any other thousand factors. Anyways, my first few miles were on a VERY rocky and root-y trail and so were all around 7:30 pace. As soon as I could, I got off that trail and did a few loops of the CA cross country course. I picked up the pace here, averaging closer to 6:45 pace for the last few miles. I wasn’t trying to push the pace, though, so I’m not too upset with the run.

I had a lot of weird aches and pains in my legs today. I’m glad tomorrow is my legs-off day. It started out with a surprisingly intense outside-left calve pain. It was a sharp, shooting pain that made it almost impossible to put weight on my left foot. This was quite worrisome. However, it seemed the kind of tweak that I could just walk off and stretch/massage out. Later, my same right hamstring was still a little sensitive (though much better, even now after running, than before), and during my run, my left hip/upper IT was giving me some grief. Goodness gracious!

So, I still have a mile time and a 5k time that I want to run before I leave. I don’t know if it’s gonna happen, but I guess we’ll see.

No comments: