Saturday, August 23, 2008

Easy Day

I just got back from my “easy run.” It’s funny how often times the run that I think I’m about to have when I step out the door is nothing like the run I’m on five minutes later. I had planned to run with Annie, which would make it a very relaxed-pace run, but she decided not to come, so I went off on my own. I was in a pretty pissed off mood (I’ll get more to that later), so I guess I let my anger get to my head, or actually my legs as was the case here. I was supposed to do about three miles easy, I ended up basically doing a 5k time trial by myself. I ran the first mile (downhill) around 5:30. At the point, I decided to see how long I could hold it. My second mile was a little slow, closer to 5:40, and I closed around 5:35-5:38ish. I felt pretty comfortable, given that it was a hilly course and I was in my training shoes. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get a well recorded time on a real course before I leave.

I was supposed to spend the day with Annie, but it didn’t really work out that way. We went to Kennedy’s pond this morning, which was fun, a little buggy, but fun. After that we headed to Friendly’s in Acton and got some lunch before going back to her house. We just sort of flooped at her house for a while, trying to figure out the afternoon. We knew that at some point, she and her family had to get to EMS or REI to pick up a camping backpack for Annie before she left. So she and her family went to do that.

So, I head out. I had been thinking about seeing Paxton again before he left, but he was busy, so I just went to the bank and came home. I figured they wouldn’t be more than an hour and a half (25 minute drive each way, 40 minutes in the store?), so I sat down to watch Tropic Thunder. Suddenly, Tropic Thunder was over and there was not a word from her. Eventually, she called me back and let me know that they were still in the store and I ought to run because she wasn’t feeling well.

All in all, it took about four hours out of our last day together. I it just sucks that this keeps happening. Anyways, she just called and said she’s home, so I’m going to go to her house for dinner and Olympic Marathon.

Go Ryan, Dathan, and Sell!

No comments: