Monday, August 4, 2008

No Apologies

I’d hate for this to become the kind of journal in which the writer simply complains about his or her lack of time to write and apologizes for his sparse entries day after day. The last few days have just seen me arriving home later than usual and, though I hate to admit it, I do require a good amount of sleep. Tonight I saw Jethro Tull at the Pavilion, quite a solid performance for a band of age-60+ musicians.

The rest of the day was relatively uneventful. I spent the morning around town running errands and then on my first bike ride in a week. It was nice to get out though. I feel even stronger on the bike than I remember, especially for the first half hour or so. After that, I headed over to Annie’s where her little cousins had dropped in. We looked after them for a few hours (I was a part of my very first tea party and also learned about the new bi-lingual-friendly programming on PBS) until Patty took them to Carlisle Castle and ice cream. Being a kid is so tough…

I came home afterwards and then went off to this concert with my dad. It was a pretty good time. One of these days I really will settle down before it’s almost my bed time and write something worth reading.

No comments: